Sunday, November 10, 2013

What makes a designer?

I recently sat back and wondered what makes someone considered a designer? There are so many things that make me look at others work as art. I think I've become more aware of the beauty of others work since I started selling my designs online. It's true that I have long admired the small businesses that took the leap and started selling online but I really didn't take the time to really look as I should at the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.

Since opening Artystik Ego online, I have spent countless hours on so many things besides designing. I have been working on marketing, packaging, thinking bigger than what I originally thought. I love the fact that I am discovering that all the hard work of being a designer is so much more than designing.

What makes a designer is the little details that make your business stand out. It is remembering that your customers are more than just people who are contributing to growing your business, they are also the backbone of what makes our businesses thrive. We should always go above and beyond to make sure that they are given the best service and product. What makes a designer is the midnight hours of keeping the designs fresh and new, the dedication into making our customers feel one of a kind (because they are) and waking up everyday with new motivation to keep doing what we love.

My definition of designer is my own observation of the lifestyle, the hard work, sacrifices and dedication behind the finished product. I believe the more we learn to focus on what is most important to us as designers we will continue to flourish.





No comments:

Post a Comment